Who we are
Lifeline Anytime is part of Ashford Borough Council (ABC) who are the Data Controller for any personal information collected during the set up and running of the Lifeline Anytime service. ABC’s Data Protection Officer can be contacted at: The Data Protection Officer, Ashford Borough Council, Civic Centre, Tannery Lane, Ashford TN23 1PL or via FOI@ashford.gov.uk
ABC is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) with registration number Z8344724.
In order to provide the Lifeline Anytime personal safety alarm system, which provides a 24 hour service providing an instant response at the touch of a button, we need to collect and process some of your personal data. This personal data is predominantly provided by you during the application process or when you update your account and will include:
- Your personal details including name, address, date of birth, telephone numbers, email address.
- Health details including information about any medical conditions that you think we should know about, your GP surgery and any home care arrangements.
- Next of kin details including name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Property type and tenure.
- The name, address and telephone number of any local contacts who hold keys to your property who you would like to act as your keyholder.
- Keysafe code and location or the access details to your property.
- Your payment details such as method of payment, and bank details (direct debit only) or the name, address, telephone number and payment details (as above) of the person paying for the service.
In addition for your safety, security and for staff training purposes all calls made through or relating to the Lifeline Anytime service are recorded.
Why we collect and use your personal data
Your personal details are used to identify you and to allow Lifeline Anytime to:
- Contact you, your local keyholder or next of kin, in the most appropriate way.
- To provide the most appropriate service for you.
- To keep your records up to date with regards to any relevant health issues or care needs which may prompt an emergency alarm call by you.
- To contact your GP or care agency on your behalf and at your request.
- To contact the emergency services in the event of an emergency and if required provide them with your address.
- To contact your next of kin or local contact in the event of an emergency or upon your request.
- Provide access details in the event of an emergency.
- To process your payments for the service.
Sharing your personal data
We may share your personal details with the emergency services, your GP or care agency, next of kin or local contact and any other services you have chosen to be referred to.
We will also share your contact details with one of our approved contractors in order to install and maintain your Lifeline Anytime system. Please note that our contractor carrying out any work will not attend without an appointment. They will always introduce themselves and display their identification. If you are in any doubt, you should call Lifeline Anytime on 01233 642095.
Legal basis for the use of this information
Your personal information will be processed under one of the following legal basis:
- Contract: processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- Vital interests: where processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of you or of another individual. For example, protecting someone or their property from imminent harm or damage.
How long we keep your personal data for
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we have collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
We will keep all your information for the duration of your agreement plus an additional 6 years for audit and financial reasons.
For more information about how Ashford Borough Council processes your personal information including your data protection rights please see the Council’s data protection pages which can be found at www.ashford.gov.uk or contact the Data Protection Officer at, The Data Protection Officer, Ashford Borough Council, Civic Centre, Tannery Lane, Ashford TN23 1PL.